Disclaimer: These are random but logical ideas (ofcourse logical as per me, my knowledge, limits of possibilities as per me), no research has been carried out for writing the same. If you find an error, please let me know.
For A Candidate: A search engine of jobs.
For A Hiring Manager: A search engine of Candidates.
Why a search engine? Because technology is available to make it possible. If it doesn’t exist, it may be because of human greed to keep the access to available information limited to decision makers.. A secret, to run ones own business.
What’s A Search Engine Again?
- An engine that searches the tags on various other platforms.
- Condition is: these other platforms need to enable The Search in real time.
- In real time it helps the user who is using the engine.
Now, the term search engine was probably invented when the terms Computing and WWW were already invented. So let me put the definitions of the term Search Engine in their terms by searching on a search engine itself. Yes I use mostly Google as a default web search engine for most of my searches, along with DuckDuckGo sometimes (because it doesn’t do as good job as google). May be I use other type of search engines unknowingly, am not aware, anyway.
1. A Web Search Engine or Internet search engine (Wikipedia) is a software system that is designed to carry out web search, which means to search the World Wide Web in a systematic way for particular information specified in a web search query.
(img credits: wikipedia)
2. Search engine (computing): An information retrieval system designed to help find information stored on a computer system.
This means, anyone who wants to search for a job opportunity should be able to search on all jobs sites and anyone who wants to search for candidates should be able to search on all places where candidates exist i.e. Job sites, social media platforms etc..!!
Now, if the jobs platforms like Naukri, Monster, Linkedin, IIMJobs etc cant collaborate in real time.. May be its not possible. But may be it doesnt make sense for them due to a non existent business logic, so may be only a third party can make it possible. May be.