This article is about what to do what not to do in traffic, specially when there are no lanes.
Technically I am NOT writting anything new, nothing fancy, nothing out of the box but just trying to spread simple common sense around the topic “Moving out of the traffic”.
Here are the scenarios, what happens when you are stuck in a traffic jam.
1. You may be driving.
2. You may sitting a vehicle which somebody else is driving.
3. You may be looking for a vehicle to get on.
In all the cases, I am considering that road is 1 way, and their is no traffic police man to help it out because 2 way is usually easy to understand and resolve, though some cases are here which can be applied to both.
In all of the cases, there are again following 2 scenarios.
1. You may be in ultimate emergency, like a point of somebody’s life/death, a flight or train is going or
2. Its just another day.
In case one, Exactly I cant tell you, what you should be doing, but all I can say is that.. Try to stay calm and remember that somebody else also can be in same situation so atleast dont kill someone.
In case 2, this article is all about that.
When you are driving.. You don’t have to be the reason for the traffic jam.
1. By not moving out of the lane, though lane may not exist then you got to imagine that there is a lane and obviously there will be traffic will be coming from other side too.
2. You got to try that someone else don’t break that imaginary lane by not allowing them to, may be by taking little more space then you require like having your vehicle tilted or just verbally resisting if you find someone.
When you are sitting in a vehicle and when you are looking for a vehicle, most probably these are the similar situations i.e you’ve got one thing to care about extra is what is the point and reason of this traffic and how soon it can get resolved. That’s where you, your generosity, leadership, sense of confidence and probably many other things will be tested. How..
1. If you think this traffic should be resolved quickly, get out of your conform zone and try to reach out to the place where the problem is.
2. Then resolving this problem is usually another one of the most tedious tasks.. You got to take care of many things simultaneously, basically..
a. To not to allow more vehicles to add to the reason behind this jam.
b. And breaking the deadlock that too calmly where every one is there to move forward, you got to make someone move little bit backward.
c. Breaking this deadlock might also require you to push some large vehicles which might have crashed, and where you would need public support to get this done.
Though I tried not to miss, May be there are some cases I’ve missed. Nobody may reach here searching for this kind of content. I know it may not reach to the one who exactly needs it but this the place I can publish this.
Enjoy the traffic around.